Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Belated Mother's Day to every mother out there. Thank you to all those Mother-to-be wishes that were sent out to me. I don't quite feel like a mom yet, but it was nice to be acknowledged. K and I had a very busy weekend. Friday was K's 28th birthday. It is hard to imagine that when we met, K was only 20 years old. Time sure flies. Friday was also my last day of work before going on maternity leave. It seems strange to now have such a big block of time off work, but I am going to definitely enjoy it. Saturday we celebrated a first holy communion, and the breakfast and time with K's family. Sunday morning included a brunch in the morning, cleaning house, K set up his birthday present, a Wii and last night we hosted a dinner in celebration of Mother's Day. I am sure glad I did not have to go to work today. Unfortunately, I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and it has moved today into my sinuses and given me a stuffy nose today and no energy. I guess it is all for the course. Luckily, (knock on wood) I have had a pretty healthy pregnancy.

I am n0w 36 weeks pregnant and I think I have been experiencing some contractions off and on. Hopefully, they are doing some good and we are getting closer to the day of the little one's arrival. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so hopefully I will have some updates after that. In the mean time, I have started washing baby clothes and blankets and have a nice long to do list before the big day. I need to still pack a bag and get everything organized for the hospital. It seems like a simple task, but when I go to actually do it, the task seems more overwhelming. It will get done soon (I hope).

Well, I hope everyone has a fantastic week and I will keep updates with any new progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment