Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Dose of Reality

K and I attended a baby care birthing class all day yesterday at Hoag Hospital where I will deliver. It was a really good class with lots of information, but a lot for one day. I was feeling alright about the delivery before the class, but now after the class I have some feelings of being overwhelmed. There is no turning back, but the reality of what is to come is a lot to take in. I also had feelings of excitement at the same time during the learning process... that soon K and I will be going through the delivery together to bring our little girl into the world. During our class, a women who was 34 weeks pregnant water broke. What irony...they only were an hour into the class.

It is amazing now how much of an overwhelming feeling it is to be bringing a new life into the world and how we are to be responsible for her entire well being. K and I are up for the challenge and can't wait for the adventure to begin.

As I write this, baby corcoran wants to let everyone know of her presence as well, she is moving like crazy in my tummy.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week.

No comments:

Post a Comment