Friday, March 27, 2009

The Simple Things...

This morning on my morning walked as I neared the park as I do almost every morning I spotted 3 ducks in someone's yard across the street from the pond. These didn't seem to just be any ducks, but 3 ducks of 3 different sizes. I saw them as a Daddy, Mommy and Baby duck and it made me smile. For some reason seeing the little family of ducks made me happy and was a good start to the day. It is the irony of the little family that K and are are creating.

The rest of the day went well. I had to say good bye to one of my little kiddos at work and her family because services are ending next week. This little girl is an inspiration with a huge sense of humor and creativity to be only 5 years old and have autism. For those of you who do not know, I work with children who have autism and their families as a behavioral therapist supervising in home ABA programs. I enjoy my job most days and hope that I am able to help and assist these children and their families to better their daily lives. I admire the strength and courage a lot of these families have to work with their children and live through the daily struggles that most of us take for granted.

I went to the chiropractor for the first time this evening because the pains in my back have gotten to the point where it is very difficult to sleep. As I sit now, I am not sure if it feels better or worse, but I know it is a process and will take time. The aches and pains of pregnancy are like no other. I know the greater outcome will outlive the present aches.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend, enjoy this beautiful weather, it is a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment