Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mom's First Day at Home


Well today is the first day K went back to work and mom is on her own. Addison slept well last night in her bassinet after we finally gave in and gave her a pacifier. She came out of the womb wanting to suck on something constantly, if she is not feeding, she is trying to put her whole fist and fingers in her mouth. I think the pacifier was just enough to sooth her to go to sleep in her own bed (this has been a challenge because she wants to be held and close to you constantly.) So far the day has gone well, Addison slept in her swing while mom was able to take a shower and get a few things done. It was great! I can't believe how much she is already starting to change and grow. I can see now how everyone says they grow so fast. I don't think I have ever experienced something so wonderful before. My wedding day comes close, but I feel that our baby girl is just an expansion of that day and our lives growing together. It is hard to believe Addison is a part of me and K together. I don't know how anything else could be so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment