Sunday, August 1, 2010

End of July Events

Last weekend, K and I got to enjoy a night out for Tim's surprise birthday party, but the real surprise happened when we got home. Addison had been throwing up and JJ our wonderful babysitter had to change the sheets 2'xs. If that wasn't bad enough, Addison woke up when we got home, nursed and then threw up all over me, still dressed from the evening. After that it was about 2am and she was running around the house playing, not wanting to go to sleep. Twenty minutes later, she threw up again, on me. Another shower and some loves and she finally went down to sleep. Lucky for me, we had no plans the following day and got to take it easy. Lucky for K, he got to go to work the next day with 3.5 hours of sleep. Oh the joys of parenthood. If that wasn't bad enough. I got the flu 3 days later and K was out of town the entire week helping his sister with her new house. Out of 14 days over the past 2 weeks, K will be home 2.5 days. It makes me very thankful that I am not a single parent. Thanks to my mom and her help, we were able to survive through the week. Being sick and being a mom don't really mix well together. 
Our night out

Well I am better now and ready to start another week. Addison continues to be the character that she is. Her new thing is to get her diaper for me out of her diaper stacker. The only problem is, she wants to take the diapers out all day long. Cleaning house and keeping it clean and picked up is a never ending battle. She is taking and dumping something out as quick as I am putting it away. Last night she said "banana" or at least an approximation to it. Bananas are a favorite food, and she tries really hard to get all the syllables in when talking.

Today we visited K at the fire station, only to have him leave on 2 calls. Addy will enjoyed sitting in the driver seat and causing trouble. Tonight, grandpa, mimi, grandma and great grandma all came over for dinner and Addy showed off as usual. She learns very quickly how to make grown adults act like 1 year olds. We hope everyone is enjoying their summer!
Driving the fire engine
Waiting for daddy to return

No comments:

Post a Comment