Sunday, December 13, 2009

On the Move

So the big news is that Addison is now crawling. Not just scooting anymore, but crawling. She is on her way to exploring the world. Last week K and I were in the other room for a minute getting ready to go somewhere and Addison got a hold of our wedding album that is under the shelf on our coffee table and started chewing on it. Daddy and her had a nice talk about what she can put in her mouth and what she is not supposed to. She does pretty well making her way around and sometimes her feet get ahead of her and she ends up with her bottom in the air. It is always an adventure.

Sleeping for miss Addison I have decided is a process. We are getting better, but then there are those moments. For example, the other night I battled with her for 2 hours to go to sleep. I would let her try to cry it out and then go in there and calm her down, she would fall asleep for a little bit and then wake up. Well that worked for a while until I went in her room and she had managed to pull herself up to a standing position and was hanging over the side of the crib. K lowered her crib down the next day. She is definitely a little girl who knows what she wants!

We have also started our journey of solid foods. Addison has been eating rice cereal for about 3 weeks now, but today got her first taste of sweet potatoes. She devoured an entire bowl and half at lunch time and when I gave her rive cereal for dinner she looked at me like, "you've got to be kidding mom...I know what the good stuff is like." I am making my own baby food, so she go straight sweet potatoes pureed up in the food processor. I have finally gotten to use that wedding gift.

We hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season. It has been very busy around here. I have only one more week till my class for this month is complete (this has been the worst yet). I can't believe that Christmas is a week and a half away. We wish everyone a very happy holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment